<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A Modest Proposal 
If Daschle is confirmed, I wonder how it would go down if a million taxpayers put their taxes in escrow, payable to the U.S. Treasury as soon as Daschle or Geithner step down from their posts. Call it a taxpayer vote of 'no confidence.'

The IRS can punish a few hardheads. They can't punish millions.

That said, it would set an ugly precedent, as we're always scolding libtards who threaten to withhold taxes because they don't like a war. This would lend legitimacy to their looniness, even though on the intrinsics I think my position holds up better on the merits, taken in isolation.

(Yes, I'm reconsidering my support of Tim Geithner, because on review, the tax issues were more extensive and egregious than I thought they were at first.)

I think Geithner's a heck of a guy. But maybe not for the head of the IRS.

Splash, out

Jason

Comments:
I'm reconsidering my support of Tim Geithner, because on review, the tax issues were more extensive and egregious than I thought they were at first.

Egregious? that's one way to put it.

I'd use the word fraudulent, but I'm a hard headed bastard.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!