<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Citizen Soldier 
So I went and saw Mongol the other night. First movie in a theater I've seen since 300 came out.

I might write about Mongol later (I liked it) but what I was really impressed by was this trailer.



Apparently, I'm the last idiot on the planet to have seen it, but I thought it was fantastic!

At last, an ad agency that understands us! I was particularly impressed with the attention to detail... noting that the 29th Division, a Guard division, was at Normandy (though by 1944 it would have contained few actual Guardsmen).

It works much better on the big screen. So sit up close.

Splash, out

Jason

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Blocked at work. What is it?
 
It is a Three Doors Down music video exulting US soldiers (presumably Reservists).

IIRC, they had a song called "Superman" back when I was a wee one
 
Not reservists. Guardsmen.

It's actually a recruiting ad for the National Guard.
 
Roger on the recruiting ad for the "ARMY National Guard" - the first soldier displays the patch of the famed 45th Infantry Division, Oklahoma Army National Guard.
 
I saw that Thunderbird patch too....very cool....
 
I got to see this at the theater...awesome. Antoine Fuqua directed the video; at least that's what has been said on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Soldier_(3_Doors_Down)

Great video.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!