<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So what's in my iPod? 
Why should presidential candidates have all the fun?

Here are the artists, in my iPhone, in alphabetical order by first name...

Alexis Cole
Alison Brown
Anoushka Shankar
Bothy Band
Byron Berline, Dan Crary and John Hickman
Billy Kelly
Brad Paisley
Brothers Cazimero
Cathal Hayden
Cherish the Ladies
Con Curtin
Daithi Sproule, James Kelly and Paddy O'Brien
Danny Meehan
Danu
Deana Carter
Eamonn Dillon
Frankie Gavin and Alec Finn
Frankie Kennedy and Mairead Ni Mhaonaigh
Hapa
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Itzhak Perlman
James Kelly
John Doyle
John Williams (the concertina player, not the film scorer)
Kate Rusby
Kevin Burke
The Klezmatics
Klezmer Conservatory Band
Lara St. John
Led Zeppelin
Liz and Yvonne Kane
Liz Carroll
Liz Doherty
Ludwig van Beethoven
Lunasa
Mark O'Connor
Mark O'Connor's Hot Swing Trio
Martin Byrnes
Martin Hayes
Mediaeval Baebes
Mike Oldfield
Niall and Cillian Vallely
Nickel Creek
Oisin McAuley
Paddy Keenan
Paddy Keenan/Tommy Peoples
Patrick Street
Peter Gabriel
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Roisin Dillon
Sean Tyrrell
Solas
Teada
Tommy Maguire
Tommy Peoples
Tuck Andress

This is a very different list from my CD collection, which is much, much more extensive. These are just the CDs I happened to have transferred or cuts I've happened to download.

Fire away.

Jason

Labels: ,


Comments:
WHAT? no Seamus Egan?

And you used to my my hero and the man I wanted to emulate.
 
Ah, Seamus. Actually, depending on which Seamus you're talking about (there's an East Coast Seamus and a West Coast Seamus) I've got him on the Solas cuts, and he shows up on Alison Brown's records, too.

On my old MP3 player, which conked out, I also had When Juniper Sleeps and The Eighth of January. I haven't gotten round to transferring those over.

Actually, I forgot...I also have Mick O'Brien and Caiomhin O'Raighallaigh's Kiltie Lie Over, one of my favorite recordings ever, as well as a bootleg concert recording of Caiomhin O'Raighallaigh playing solo fiddle in a concert, on my computer. I Haven't been able to figure out how to transfer those over without resynching everything and losing everything I bought from iTunes on my work computer, which I no longer have.
 
Got Clannad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJskU0nkv4w
 
If the opportunity ever presents itself for you to attend a Lyle Lovett concert, you might find yourself adding his work to your iPod. The musicianship of his band is astonishing. My brother-in-law, who was in a band for quite some time, disagrees with me in most things but not this.

Lyle Lovett puts on a hell of a show and has some music you might well appreciate.
 
FYI...I am probably going to be end up being the only one here without an MP3 player.

But if I did, here's who we would have in common (just off the top of my head, of course):

Anoushka Shankar (heard her play with her dad, and with Sting...definitely her father's daughter)
Brad Paisley
Itzhak Perlman
Lunasa
Nickel Creek
Peter Gabriel
Plant & Krauss

...and those we would not:

Ashley MacIsaac
Bobby McFerrin
Bela Fleck
Eric Johnson
Nile
Nine Inch Nails
Rush
Steve Vai
Seamus Kennedy
Tool
Trace Adkins
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!