<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Guilty Pleasure 
Angryjournalist.com.

I slam on them regularly here, but the truth is there are tens of thousands of dedicated journos working their asses off, for no money and no job security, but simply for the thrill of the scoop and the challenge and the desire to serve their readers.

Some of their gripes are ridiculous. Most are legit.

I loved being a magazine reporter. It was the best job I've ever had to this day. Yes, the hours were insane and yes, we worked like dogs and yes, the money was lousy, and yes, it was one of the best things I ever did. I'd encourage any bright young man or woman with a knack for writing to do it.

For a few years. :-)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!