<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Can you raed tihs? 
Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. I cdnuolt blveiee
taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was
rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan
mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the
ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is
taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll
raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the
huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,
but the wrod as a wlohe.

(Hat tip: Second Quadrant Solutions)

Labels:


Comments:
This is interesting in several ways. The word scrambling is a sort of constrained anagram. I am awful and doing anagrams yet can read the text fine. Strange.

What I find more interesting is that the ability to read or not read is roughly a 50-50 split in the population. I'm curious as to why some people can read this and some can't. What is different in the two brains? I would guess that this ability is either not at all or only loosely correlated with conventional measures of intelligence.
 
Heh. Search optimize THIS, muthafucka!!!!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!