<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 19, 2006

Recruiting problems? 
Can't speak for other areas. But I just got an update through channels: The Florida Army National Guard end strength is currently 9,839 or 98.4% of authorized strength. This represents an increase of over 400 Soldiers since July 2005.

I knew my recruiting has gone well down in Miami, and I've got more new soldiers than I can get gear shipped down here for. It makes sense that the rest of the state reports similar progress over the last year.

In addition, over the last year, I've authorized the transfer of a number of soldiers who requested to move to the active duty Army for whatever personal reasons (more money, can't afford to live in the Keys, want to be with their wife who's active duty, etc.).

These numbers represent a loss on my books, and on the Florida Guard's books, too, but they cannot be considered a loss to the Florida Guard after all.

Splash, out

Jason

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!