Thursday, October 20, 2005

Army Mom Graduates at Top of Basic Training Class 
Now I've seen everything!!!

FORT HOOD, Texas – As a mom, a grandmother and an owner of a construction company, Pfc. Terrill Stewart wears many hats. Now one of them just happens to be a beret.

Stewart graduated basic training at Fort Jackson, S.C., Oct. 14. At 40 years old, she not only graduated, she was selected as the ‘Soldier of the Cycle’ for her company. Her son, Spc. Garret Good -- a driver for the command sergeant major of 1st Cavalry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team -- was able to be on hand at her graduation.

Stewart takes the honor very seriously, since joining the Army has always been a goal for her.

“I have always wanted to join the military since I was very young,” Stewart said in a telephone interview. “But I had small children and was working several jobs to support my family. So by the time I really could join, I was 36 and deemed too old by the Army standards to enlist. When I heard that they had raised the age limit for recruits I took that as a personal sign that I was supposed to join the Army. This was the time.”

Congratulations to Pfc Terrill Stewart!

The writer, Pfc Sheena Williams, also does a good job, with a nice, engaging lede.

Good job to both of them.

Splash, out


Veteran's Day is November 11th and I hope that EVERY American will be flying the flag in honor of our troops fighting in Iraq and around the world to preserve our freedoms!

I can even tell you where to get one for free! Visit AmericanFlags.com right now and they'll send you a FREE American Flag. These flags were $19.99, but now they are FREE. You pay just for shipping/handling and they'll ship one to your door. (Actually - I've ordered more than 20 from them to give to my neighbors, as gifts, etc!)

Get your free flag now: **FREE AMERICAN FLAG**

Semper Fi!

Bill Adams
How would you like to know about a Fitness Washington Dc resource, that displays all the Fitness Washington Dc information on one website? Check out
Fitness Washington Dc today. Not only do they have a good fitness book section, but they also have great articles on fitness. I was really impressed with the resources their webmster put together.
Hey, excellent website. A great Iraq resource is Deaths in Iraq. It breaks all of the casualties down by age, race, branch of the military, country, etc.
great blog all the best
Fantastic Article. I have just added you to my most loved and will defintely come back again soon. More than likely you will want to take a look at my personal blog and give me an idea how to improve it. quit smoking support
Hey man you have a really extreme personal blog here. I have just added you to my firm favourites and will defintely come back again soon. I would appreciate it if you took a look at my site and told me what you think. breast augmentation advice
ps I'm having a little trouble sending comments so if I do it twice please excuse me and I apologize.
Pfc Terrill Stewart personifies the historical definition of an American. Meeting her only through the pages of a short article, she makes us proud during a time when Hollywood and political bias does everything it can to steal our conscience. Hooah Pfc Stewart, you deserve it and more.
I cant believe how different search blogs are from the search engines. I am looks for info on international flags and got your site. Enjoyed you post.
custom flags
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!