<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 23, 2005

Pandagon Making Excuses for Saddam's Rape Rooms 
Link here. Scroll down to the comments section. Snippets follow; I edited heavily for brevity. TallDave appears in the comments section on this blog from time to time.

**********************************************

Pandagonite mds: I try to reserve a lot of my swearing for the realization that we've spent American and Iraqi lives to establish an Iran-friendly nation built on Islamic law, where women will be less free than when we started this war...under deliberately false pretenses.

Commenter TallDave: uh, rape rooms? Udai? remember that? criticizing the regime meaning rape/torture/death?...

Pandagonite Annejumps: ALL the women in Iraq did not go to the rape rooms.

Pandagonite Annejumps: ALL the women in Iraq ARE going to have fewer rights under the fundamentalist government.

Pandagonite Stavro: People who Saddam perceived as working against his regime received this kind of treatment and fate. But that is a very small percentage of the population. The sweeping laws defined in the likely new "constitution" will relegate the rights of Iraqi women to a far more Iranian, third class status, while Saddam's regime (peculiarly) rigorously enforced gender equality in universities and employment, evil as he was. If the comparison is between these two situations, the latter is definitely a worse one for women, if only because it affects the entire female population.

The usual right-wing tactic of throwing up "rape rooms!!!" etc. in the face of criticism about just what the FUCK we're "creating" there (as in the Islamic Republic of Iraq) lost its value months ago.

Commenter TallDave: I wonder if the 2 million people Saddam killed are able to "walk the streets." Oh wait -- they're dead. I guess not. Meanwhile, Iraqis now have the freedom to elect their leaders, they have free speech, a free press, a constitution to be freely voted on.

Abu Ghraib was an aberration, an the authors of that relatively minor abuse were punished. To equate those incidents with Saddam's state-santioned rape/murder/torture centers betrays a profoundly ignorant lack of perspective...

Pandagonite Linnett: Free speech, unless you say something "unIslamic" or "antiAmerican," in which case either the insurgents or the US troops will kill you. The "freedom" to elect their leaders--leaders who will either be powerless or, if they carry through their agenda, more tyrannical than Saddam.

TallDave: The protestations over Islamic law are ridiculous. We're talking about civil family law -- how much people get in divorce court. Not honor killings, not whether women can vote, not whether women have to wear buhrkas -- just finance and family law. And here we have people saying "well, it was better with no right to vote, no right to free speech, and rape rooms." Unbelievable.

Iraqi women can vote now. Ultimately, if they don't like the law -- hey, they're 50% of the electorate. They can get the law changed.

Pandagonites: Ask Riverbend.

TallDave: Riverbend? You may as well ask Eva Braun what she thought of the Nazis.

Stavro [on the number of people Saddam killed]: *Sigh* That "2 million" figure is a bit exaggerated. Several hundred thousand to be sure, though. [It's not exaggerated at all. It simply includes the dead from the war Saddam started with Iran.]

Pandagonite Tom: let's see some facts on the Iraqi Constitution. You're the one making claims that the women can change it.

TallDave: Simple. They can vote. Next.

Tom: They could vote under Saddam, as well.

Stavro: You voted for a mass murderer.

Stavro: The government will likely be rolled over when we leave. The best estimates of the size of the insurgency amount to 50,000-100,000 people.

********************************************************

You get the idea. If I were the DNC chief, I'd think about paying these morons just to shut up and stop embarrassing the Party.

Splash, out

Jason

Comments:
Divorce always hurst somebody. Your blog covering illinois divorce attorney in the content was really informative. I have a web site giving information on illinois divorce attorney utilising divorce and separation articles. Great work!
 
display your RSS feeds on their web sites for content.
 
which sends to over 700 MILLION people a day.
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a ftp web hosting site/blog. It pretty much covers ftp web hosting related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Yours By Design Heating and Cooling is a full service Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor based in Blaine, MN
installing residential heating and air and commercial heating and air.**Heating****Cooling**washable furnace air filterwashable furnace air filter
 
Are you a bicycle lights enthusiast? If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to biking and bicycle lights with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...www.natlbike.com
 
does this work
 
I never really know how it will work out in the end.Salaam, Eleanore air ionizers
 
If you struggle with bad credit, credit card debt, or are facing bankruptcy, our bankruptcy/dect counselling resources can help you understand your finances better and help you improve your financial standing. If your site is of simmilar interest contact me and link sites.
Debt Resources Services.
 
Fasting can make you look much thinner in only a couple of days. You may not lose a significant amount of weight, but it will look like you have. It can make your waist noticeable thinner and clean up blemishes or skin problems.
Link to this site. weight loss calorie chart
 
Debt reduction can be done in many ways. A recent method being used is to buy some debt reduction software. You can purchase debt reduction software online or at a computer software store. The software usually comes with a debt reduction calculator to help you decipher how quickly your debt will be paid off in accordance to your monthly balance payments. Similarly, there are also debt reduction books you can purchase at your local bookstore. The best route for help with debt reduction is to go to see a credit counseller or a debt reduction counseller.
financial freedom
Debt Resources Services.
 
www.TheOnlinePromoters.com has everything a webmaster needs to succeed online
 
good info
 
Hello, i like your blog. You have some good thoughts here. Keep it up!

regards,
small business health insurance vermont
 
Is there any easier way to make money then trading my time for money? I mean, day in, day out. This is just getting monotenaous! How long again do I have to work for doing the same thing over and over again. Perhaps it is the people at my office. Could that be it? I don't know. But I did end up checking that thing about 2004 vma host that I touched on earlier. What a great resource for everything to know about that kind of stuff. Sheesh, I was amazed. And I think anyone interested in that would be, too.
2004 vma host
 
Woah! You ever had one of those days where someone pisses you off, but the feeling never goes away? Well, that's what I have been battling today. But somehow, when I get back in touch with myself on the screen, or in my blog, I have a way to blow it off. I can almost see more clearly, or when I go off and find out things about stuff I have a slight interest about, like Compare mortgage rate uk, it takes my mind off the stress of things. Oh well, guess it is just one of those days again. Hey, in fact, I'm feeling better already. Cheers!
Compare mortgage rate uk
 
Child Care costs are one of the most expensive costs associated with going back to work. Finding waya to cut down on child costs without sacrificing Quality Child Care is a top priority for all working parents.
Link to my site: child care san antonio
 
Good blog you got here. I've stumbled on a good one! Nice ideas, keep it up!

regards,
online group health insurance quote
 
Out blogging about looking at other blogs about free lead lead mlm networking online traffic You never know what your going to see or who you might run into.http://veretekk.blastomatic.com/marjac
 
I was clicking that ''Next Blog'' button and caught yours, i have to say kinda interesting, anyway thanks for the info bye.

comprehensive health insurance plan
 
Pleasing blog. Thanks!
http://www.1st-choice-4-website-traffic.com
Searching blogs for Germany traffic.
 
Wanted to find blogs for cheap traffic. Thanks!
http://www.1st-choice-4-website-traffic.com
cheap traffic
 
You blog sure gets quite a few comments. I'm going to read thru your posts and see why you are generating so much interest. Bye. Ms. California attorney
 
I dig your blog. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of research in the area of cheap private health insurance and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on cheap private health insurance. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit your blog again!! I mean I know I will stop by again.
I also sent it off to a good friend of mine.

p.s added you to my favorites take a moment to stop by cheap private health insurance for I update it frequently
 
Hi Blogger,

I like to read your blog posts, most of all because they are all very interesting. I hope to have spare time as much as I need.

Regards,
make money fast and easy
 
Hi,We both share same interest on same subjects, so I decided to give you my "best wishes" to you so you keep this web blog unique.All the best,adware
 
HEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO BLOGGERSSSSSS..

I would like to tell everyone I know about a new web site for business web hosting... If you are looking on ways to mkae money starting a business and need a site to host it on . Visit http://webhost11.com/ Today
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!