<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Condi? 
I like Condi. I think she's going to be a great Secretary of State. Plus, she's a musician. Actually, a GOOD musician. And yes, that's important. I don't remember the last Republican musician in the White House (though we've had two Democrat musicians, Harry Truman (piano) and Bill Clinton (saxophone.)

But I'm not jumping on the Condi for President bandwagon. Condi's a great cabinet level type, and that's where she should stay for now.

American Thinker explains why, and I'm very much in agreement.

The qualities necessary to exercise executive power are completely separate from the qualities necessary to be an advisor, for the same reason that great staff officers don't always make good commanders, and great commanders sometimes struggle as staff officers.

I'd like to see Condi run for a lower elected office, and hold the job for a while. I don't see her a governor, but stranger things have happened. Senate would probably be an easier jump. But the governorship is a much better training ground for future Presidents.

Then, Condi in 2012 or 2016?

I'll man the balustrades for her.

Jason

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!