Wednesday, January 05, 2005
I got this from echelons above reality today. In an unusual twist, guidance from higher was precisely on target!!!!
1. Stayin' Alive - Every soldier in Operation Iraqi Freedom is first and foremost a rifleman and warrior.
2. You can make a good or bad strategic impact in this war.
3. You must be ready to perform duties well beyond those for which you have been trained.
4. Operation Iraqi Freedom is a neighborhood-by-neighborhood fight.
5. Cultural awareness is a combat multiplier.
6. Soldiers must determine the needs and wants of the local populations before committing to working local stabilization and reconstruction projects. Once that commitment is made, follow-through is vital.
7. The key to surviving the threat from improvised explosive devices is to instill a "can find, can beat and can survive" mentality toward the interdiction of these terrorist weapons.
8. It's important to learn to train and work with Iraqi security forces.
9. Human intelligence is the coalition's greatest source of actionable intelligence.
10. Soldiers operate and fight as part of a coalition and joint team.
Hey, excellent website. A great Iraq resource is Deaths in Iraq. It breaks all of the casualties down by age, race, branch of the military, country, etc.Post a Comment