<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Dungeons and Dragons and Dan 
Memogate wasn't the first time 60 Minutes buried the truth in favor of the sensational. Here's legendary game designer Gary Gygax--of Dungeons and Dragons fame--on the brand of yellow journalism currently practiced too often at CBS:

In many ways I still resent the wretched yellow journalism that was clearly evident in (the media's) treatment of the game -- 60 Minutes in particular. I've never watched that show after Ed Bradley's interview with me because they rearranged my answers. When I sent some copies of letters from mothers of those two children who had committed suicide who said the game had nothing to do with it, they refused to do a retraction or even mention it on air.


Splash, out

Jason

Hat tip: Balloon Juice.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!