<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Belmont Club Out on a Limb 
Belmont Club seems to be predicting a terrorist attack on US soil timed to coincide with the GOP convention.

Personally, I think the bombings in Russia and Israel, plus the kidnappings of aid workers in Darfur are timed to coincide with the RNC convention. It could be coincidental, but that that is less likely than to assume the enemy, who is commanded, is working to a plan. That means the enemy will attempt an attack in the USA. We already know that, but it bears remembering that if they can kill 12 in two Israeli buses, they can do it in America.


I disagree. First of all, the public transit systems in most cities will not support an attack. We all know that Al Qaeda is exceedingly patient. But the waits for buses in most US cities will test the resolve of even the most committed mass transit martyer.

Well, that, plus, I don't believe jumping the gun benefits the terrorists. If I were Al Qaeda, would continue to play my cards exceedingly close to the vest for now. I would husband my resources, and not expose any of my agents or cells. Until the general election.

Then I would target Florida. In a series of strikes, starting early in the day. In such a way as to drive voters away from the polls.

But Florida will be ready.

So maybe I wouldn't concentrate on Florida, but on another hotly contested state. Like Pennsylvania.

But who wants to go to Pennsylvania in November? If I'm going to be a martyr, I'm going to spend my last night on earth hanging out on South Beach.

So it's Florida after all.

That's my own best guess.

Your mileage may vary. But I'm paid to be paranoid.



Splash, out

Jason


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!