<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 31, 2004

Does The Progressive Know... 
That the Howard Zinn essay in the current issue is a reedited version of what seems to be the exact same manuscript as one published in The Nation just a few weeks ago?
Do they know they bought a reprint?

Did The Nation buy anything more than one time rights? I usually sign contracts granting publication rights for a year.

Any editor I know would be furious. If I got a reputation for sneaking rehashed stuff as new I'd never work again. Especially for a magazine that reaches substantially the same audience.

If neither publication bought exclusive rights AND they knew what they were getting, then no big deal. Otherwise, I'd be pretty peeved if I edited either mag.

Splash, out

Jason

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!