<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Amber Alert: Missing Headlines III 
All Splashheads, all Splashheads, now hear this:

IraqNow headquarters is issuing another all points bulletin for any headlines related to one Brian Chontosh, who's name has been reported abducted from newspaper headlines all over the country.

Brian was first sighted on US Marine Corps News websites, having recieved the Navy Cross, our nation's second highest award for valor, for his heroic actions in disrupting and then destroying an enemy ambush on his platoon in Iraq. He was then brought to the attention of the blogosphere by Bob Lonsberry on May 7th, 2004, after which time he circulated briefly among milbloggers, made a brief appearance in the Sacramento Bee, the San Diego Tribune (running a story with a local Camp Pendleton angle) and his own hometown newspaper. Despite the gripping story and narrative, and despite the all important availability of photographs, he has not been seen in any national mass media outlet.

Here is his story:

While leading his platoon north on Highway 1 toward Ad Diwaniyah, Chontosh's platoon moved into a coordinated ambush of mortars, rocket propelled grenades and automatic weapons fire. With coalitions tanks blocking the road ahead, he realized his platoon was caught in a kill zone.

He had his driver move the vehicle through a breach along his flank, where he was immediately taken under fire from an entrenched machine gun. Without hesitation, Chontosh ordered the driver to advanced directly at the enemy position enabling his .50 caliber machine gunner to silence the enemy.

He then directed his driver into the enemy trench, where he exited his vehicle and began to clear the trench with an M16A2 service rifle and 9 millimeter pistol. His ammunition depleted, Chontosh, with complete disregard for his safety, twice picked up discarded enemy rifles and continued his ferocious attack.

When a Marine following him found an enemy rocket propelled grenade launcher, Chontosh used it to destroy yet another group of enemy soldiers.

When his audacious attack ended, he had cleared over 200 meters of the enemy trench, killing more than 20 enemy soldiers and wounding several others.




IraqNow investigators have scoured the archives of the New York Times, the Washington Post, CNN, Reuters, and the Associated Press and found no evidence that they even know the man exists.

IraqNow suspects that either no reporter in any major media organization is actually monitoring Marine Corps news--hard to believe, given all the attention to operations in Fallujah over the past 60 days--or they have people monitoring Marine Corps news outlets, and just don't care.

Splash, out

Jason

Comments:
At last word, Chontosh was training with 3rd Battalion, 7th Marines at MCB 29 Palms. I'm sure that the Marine Corps media flacks could get him, or the young buck private first class who also received the Navy Cross, available for interview.

This is amazing. I just finished reading the autobiography of Joe Foss...a Marine fighter pilot and Medal of Honor recipient from WWII. Lots of media coverage for our heroes back then. I wonder what has changed...
 
Another Marine, PFC Joseph Perez, was also awarded the Navy Cross at the same ceremony. The two Marines who followed Chontosh on his trench clearing assault were awarded Silver Stars. You can read about it at:
http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/0/9ACC136BED3D563385256E9400547220?opendocument
 
Clever. I certainly put Chontosh's story on my blog several days ago. Can't remember who hipped me to it. Maybe BlackFive. What a great story.

Your friend in Austin, Texas

Toby Petzold

http://www.neognostikos.net/blog
 
The media has no interest in a heroic Marine. They would much rather blather incessantly about some poor Iraqi prisoner with panties over his head or some such "atrocity." The mass media wants America to lose the war so they can shout, "See we were right!"
 
Good story.... I have covered this on my blog at http://www.newsrants.com/
 
A great Blog site you have here!
please visit mine sometime Premium Affordable Web Design Services
 
can i get more info?
 
I hate to say this, but I was looking for web site design links, but your site came up. Oh well. Worth the read. Gotta run.
 
Thanks for all the great comments and insights..By the way, are you looking for more information on multimedia and web design ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to web design and multimedia and web design with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.cobbwebdesign.com
 
Bloggin for info on weight loss and Alvidar, came across your blog...good info, you might find mine of interest ##keyword ##http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/aftrack.asp?afid=253458&u=alvidar.com lose weight,
 
From what I can see, not many blogs talk about stuff like boone county wv adkins family and that is sad. I think your blog is great that way.

keep it up.
 
Running the risk of sounding over the top, I really have to compliment your blog. I was hoping to discover a site about professional web site development, but yours was a great find. Gotta run.
 
Help ME today...If You are Tired of NOT getting anywhere in Life. not being able to accomplish what it is out of life you want to. Ive been there and I still have my ups and downs in life but they don't seem to be the same downs, there are more ups in my life. I wrote a book on spiritual self improvement . It is to the point on what you need to do to change your life. I wont make this real long.. If you need to make more money .. have a better relationship with someone or your just tired of the same old you.. then visit us at http://goals444.com and find out more about spiritual self improvement
 
One of the better results I saw from my fasting experience was that I have more self control over my eating habits. I have always been a binge type of eater. After my fast, I felt like I could restrain myself easier. It is proberbly a mental attribute. I mean I can go without eating for 7 days then I sure can keep myself from eating something I shouldn't.
Link to this site. 6 week weight loss program
http://better-weightloss.info
 
Hi!

When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is, check
your webblog to see what�s new!!

Thanks,
fabulous
 
Stopped by your blog to get some ideas for mine http://vietnaminpictures.blogspot.com/. As the name implies it's mostly pictures with a few comments. Take a look if you get a chance, I'm not selling anything ! ---Jack--- vietnam war summary
 
Not long ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diadetes and my doctor told me to lose weight or my life would be shortened by mant years. Being overweight most of my life I knew it was time to get serious.
Link to this site. yoga exercise for weight loss
http://better-weightloss.info
 
Just blogging for a while, found your site that also happens to be around free web page hosting, so just saying what's up.

Charles
 
Hey how are you doing? just letting you know that someone from Central America read your blog!
This is my site:
cheap web hosting service
Regards,
Charles
 
I am planning to share this with my work friends. Excellent work on this weblog. It would be great if you went by my web site and told me if it looks ok. stop smoking soon
 
I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ
 
well hello there
I just visited your blog about plastic surgery mexico and I like what I see..why not get on over to my site at http://www.medicare-cosmetic-surgery.com and take a look at what I have to say about plastic surgery mexico
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!