<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Triple Dog Dare 
Today, I noticed that Army Times, a Gannett newspaper serving the Army community, ran a quarter-page ad for First Command, the predatory financial services company I reviewed on this site just a couple of weeks ago.

Well, it's easy for me to knock them. I'm not selling ad space. It's a little dicier for the editors of Army Times.

Nevertheless, basic journalistic practice demands a wall of separation between the advertising sales department and the editorial side.

So here's my dare to the editors of Army Times:

If you're serious about serving your readership, take your best, most fair-minded, and knowledgeable personal finance reporter in the Gannett family, and let them write an independent review of First Command.

And run the article.

Go on. I dare you.

I triple dog dare you.

Splash, out

Jason

(P.S., you can lay down some covering fire for the editor by writing him here.)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!