<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 07, 2004

Army Times Watch, Revisited 
A reader forwards some feedback from the Army Times Marketing department.

We have written about First Command several times. My impression is that if
I was an investor, I am not sure I would go with them, but for those
military folks who have, and - this is critical - intend to stay with them
for the long haul, they are not being taken advantage of. We have said as
much, I think, in the stories we've done. I would not say categorically that
First Command takes advantage of troops, but they should know what they are
getting into because of the front-end costs.


Now, my first question is, why is the marketing department responding to what is very much an editorial issue?

Just who is driving the Army Times' personal finance coverage?

One clue: First Command has an ultra-premium, full-page, color ad on the rear cover of the March 8th edition of the paper.

Looks like the editor may need some more covering fire. You can provide it by writing him here.


Splash, out

Jason

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!