<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

For What It's Worth... 
...anyone who looks closely at my own service records would find two different gaps in service of a year or more.

In the first case, I remained a member of the Hawaii Army National Guard, from about April to December of 1995, I think it was. I did not attend drills, however, because I was living and working in Tennessee and Kentucky during that time.

Well, actually, I attended two drills, but stopped, because I was out of state, wasn't getting paid for the drills, and would have had no insurance coverage if I got hurt. Apparently, Kentucky didn't want to get involved with "split training" arrangements from out of state guardsmen, because they weren't sure their insurance policies covered me.

In the second case, I technically remained a member of the Kentucky Army National Guard from May of 2000 to March of 2001. During which time, again, I did not attend drills, because I was living and working in Florida.

So...

Was I AWOL?

Splash, out

Jason

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!