<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 09, 2004

UPDATE on Halliburton... (For all you investment types) 
Nope--Halliburton doesn't deduct for stock option expenses in their earnings reports after all.

No cost for stock options granted is reflected in net income, as all options granted under our plans have an exercise price equal to the market value of the underlying common stock on the date of grant.

That would be the politically correct thing to do.

And we can't have that from Halliburton, can we?

Splash, Out
Jason

P.S., Just for the record, I'm not ready to agree with Warren Buffett that we should require expensing of stock options. I'd rather just see the earnings, and see the stock incentive programs laid out in a table with all the various numbers of shares and prices myself. I haven't seen an equation for figuring the value of stock options that I'm really satisfied with--or even really understand. And I hate to throw money down Black Scholes.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!