<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Eating Soup with a Knife: A Shameless Book Plug 
Must-read from New York Times Magazine here.

Yep, that's the Ar Ramadi I know and love.

Well, that's the Ar Ramadi I know, anyway. I've actually been stuck in traffic downtown dozens of times.

Take a few minutes to read the whole thing. It's worth it. Then learn as much as you can about the British counterinsurgency in Malaya.

You can find a very intelligent review of Major Nagl's book here.


Of course, this is Nagl's first first-hand experience at fighting a counterinsurgency. He's only been here since September. I'm looking forward to seeing what changes he'll have in mind for edition II.

I'm looking forward to reading his book.

Splash, Out

Jason

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!