<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 13, 2003

Leadership Lessons from Iraq I 
1. Sec. Rumsfeld says that first reports are often wrong. Scratch that. First reports are almost ALWAYS wrong.

2. You don't have to holler to communicate in a crisis. My favorite way to communicate in a hairy spot is to put my arm around someone and speak calmly, and directly into his ear. I've heard back later that guys appreciate this.

3. Think of your rank as a badge of servitude to your mission and to your men.

4. Constantly ask yourself, 'what is the best use of my time, right now?'

5. Deep within the heart of every great unit-level logistician lurks just a
touch of larceny.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!