<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Flattened... 
By an upper respiratory infection.

Doc put me on antibiotics and a week of bed rest. This sucks.

"Jason, you need to be on codeine."

"Nah, doc. I need to stay lucid for a little while. I got drill coming up tomorrow I'm still the CO whether I make it in or not."

"Well, you really need to be on codeine.

"No. But I do need to trouble you for a limited duty note."

"Sure. How long do you need it for."

"Dunno how long the antibiotics need to kick in. How about three days?"

"Lighten up. I'm putting you on bed rest until the 11th."

We'll see. I nixed the codiene, but got a different non-narcotic cough suppressant so maybe I won't hack up so much blood. Taking it day by day. Maybe lots of blogging coming up, maybe nothing.

I hate missing drill, but it's not something I can suck it up and work through right now. I stopped pushing it when the chest pains kicked in, and I no longer understood what I was up against.

Like I said, this sucks.

Although right now I could pass for a bit part on the set of Bridge over the River Kwai, I'm very thankful that I am otherwise blessed with good health (except for this week).

Jason

Comments:
Take it easy, man. Glad you're home from hurricane duty, but wish the circumstances were better.

MAJ D
 
Hope you're up and kickin' soon.
 
It is traditional in these cases to give unsolicited and arguably incompetent medical advice (I am not a doctor, talk to your doctor for actual medical advice), and who am I to violate tradition?

I have asthma and thus am pretty susceptible to respiratory infections. Mucinex (or its competitors, it's high-dose Guaifenesin in tablet form) has been a god-send when I feel like I need to hack up a lung. It is an over-the-counter medicine.

HTH
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!